Safety Features of the Nissan Altima
The new 2017 Nissan Altima safety features set it above the average sedan, giving Massachussetts drivers access to affordable, state-of-the-art safety tech. From a collection of advanced airbags and Vehicle Stability Control to newly designed technologies like Predictive Collision Warning, the Nissan Altima distinguishes itself by offering some of the most reliable devices around, especially when compared to vehicles like the Hyundai Sonata. Read on for the details, and then visit Commonwealth Nissan to take it out on the road!
Stay Safe in the Altima
These standard and available 2017 Nissan Altima safety features create a foundation that offers peace of mind.
- Advanced Air Bags – The Altima keeps you and everybody else protected in a dependable web of protection with an assemblage of airbags that includes dual-stage supplemental front air bags with seat-belts and occupant-classification sensors, as well as driver and front-passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental airbags, roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental airbags, and front- and rear-seat outboard occupant head protection.
- Vehicle Dynamic Control – What’s more, the Altima has Vehicle Dynamic Control, which enables it to survey its wheel-spin rates and compare them to its turning angle to identify cases when it may be in danger of losing its stability. At the same time, it maximizes traction via Traction Control to keep you secure on the pavement.
- Blind Spot Warning System – With its available Blind Spot Warning system, the Altima can alert you to currently unseen vehicles, allowing you to avert potential collisions while out on the highway.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert – Plus, this car also offers a Rear Cross Traffic Alert system that is designed to ensure that you’ll be able to back out of parking places without ever having to worry about colliding with other cars. If your Altima senses the presence of another car in your vicinity, it will warn you of its approach, enabling you to avoid any accidents.
- Predictive Forward Collision Warning and Forward Emergency Braking – Finally, the Altima is available with Predictive Forward Collision Warning, which relies on a sensor positioned at the front of the car to survey the area in front of the Altima for other cars, identifying cases when sudden deceleration may to cause an accident.
Test Drive the Altima Today
Now that you know that the 2017 Nissan Altima safety featuers are state-of-the-art, we want to show you all else it has to offer. With plenty of Nissan Altima trims available, we’re sure there’s an Altima waiting for you. Contact us today to schedule your test drive.